|Another Fabulous Tour for Quilters and friends!
The Sew North Festival of Quilting and Needle CraftsPrice includes Festival Registration
25% deposit refundable until June 30th, 2014Sew North Website
Ireland is renowned for its devotion to the craft of quilting. Some say it is the very place where quilting originated. So, Ireland is a must see destination for every quilter, particularly those with a keen interest both in the techniques of quilt making and the creative inspiration out of which the finest quilts are made.
|The Peoples’ Choice Awards
Submit your quilt..and win
|The theme of this the 1st annualy People’s Choice award is water. All submissions have to have a water theme – oceans, seas, lakes, rivers, fountains…as long as good old H2O is featured, your submission will qualify.
- Who can particpate?– Any one attending the Sew North Quilt and Craft Festival?
– Anyone from the US or Canada joining this year’s Quilters Circle Tour of Ireland
- What can be submitted?– A quilt “throw” no more than 44 inches x 44 inches
- How do you pick the 2 winners?The “people” do the voting.- The throws submitted by Irish quilters will be judged by the US and Canadian quilters on tour.
– The throws submitted by US and Canadian quilters will be judged by Irish quilters.
The quilters who receive the most number of votes wins. In case of a tie the Sew North Festival organizer will vote for a US/Canadian entry and the tour leader of the Quilters Circle Tour will cast a vote on the Irish submissions.
The winners will be announced and the prizes awarded at the gala banquet.
- What are the prizes?A few surprises from the FatQuarterShop.com and Aurifil.com..and as much other loot as we can pry out of the hands of other sponsors. Stand by for more news!
This year the 2014 Quilters’ Circle Tour will take you to Buncrana on the beautiful Inishowen Peninsula the hddent gem of Ireland’s North West Coast, where you can participate in Sew North, a new festival where Irish quilters and quilters from afar will gather to share their love for the craft through a series of workshops that will feature hands-on experts. But that’s not all – this tour will take you to places in Ireland that will set your heart beating!
Our tour begins on September 12th in Dublin then proceeds to Belfast, with stops at mysterious Newgrange and enchanting Carlingford, home of one of the most prestigious collections of folk quilts. You will also have a chance to visit the incredible Titanic Museum and visit other historic sites of this ancient Irish city. Then its off to Inishowen for Sew North, followed by visits to Westport, Bealnalappa and Galway. In each of these amazing places you will have a chance to visit quilt and fabric stores and to meet local quilters who will be eager to meet you.
Irish hospitality always include great food and toe-tapping music that just might have you dancing a jig, and of course, lots of convivial conversation with the Irish people you’ll meet along the way. Last – but definitely not least – you will have a chance to see some extraordinary Irish sites – including the Giant’s Causeway, Galway Bay, a dozen gorgeous villages and the stunning Cliffs of Moher.